To obtain an internship to further my experience in applied geophysics, and learn more of the latest structural geology tools and concepts in exploration and production settings.
- PhD: Geophysics, Rice University. Houston, TX, USA.
Aug 2014 - May 2019
Selected coursework: Petroleum Geology, Geophysical Data Analysis, Joint Inversion of Geophysical Data, 3-D Interpretation, Sequence Stratigraphy, Seismic Reflection Data Processing, Tectonic Systems, Research on Teaching & Learning | GPA: 3.80
- BSc: Geophysical Engineering, Istanbul Technical University. Istanbul, Turkey.
Sep 2007 - Jun 2011
Selected coursework: Applied Geophysics; Structural Geology; Electric, Electromagnetic, Seismic, Gravity & Magnetic Prospecting; Borehole Geophysics; Geomechanics | GPA: 3.10
Graduate Student/Researcher, Rice University. Houston, TX, USA.
Aug 2014 - Present
- Interpreting and analyzing the Repsol 3-D seismic dataset acquired from the Iberian rift margin, offshore Spain.
- Focusing on separating modes of continental lithospheric extension within continent-ocean transition zones using aborted rift basins and magma-poor margins.
- Developing introductory tutorials for ProMax, coordinating lab sessions and creating class material for the Seismic Reflection Data Processing course as the teaching assistant.
- Coaching Rice Undergraduate Geosciences Society (RUGS) members with research grant, internship, and graduate school applications.
Logging (M/LWD) Engineer, Schlumberger. Aberdeen, UK.
Aug 2011 - Feb 2014
- Logged and surveyed wells in offshore drilling environment per client requirements. Delivered formation evaluation and drilling mechanics data and identified tool responses for certain formations/environmental effects/failures.
- Was named as the 2013-2014 Azimuthal Density Neutron (ADN) delivery champion where I complied tool failure reports, human errors and technical alers from the previous year to help field engineers who run the ADN tool.
- Mentored trainees and junior engineers on drilling tools and HSE by providing technical support and on-site training.
- Provided feedback to the tech center for Schlumberger's first Neutron Magnetic Resonance (NMR) and Drilling Mechanics Module (DMM) tools by field-testing it for technology improvements.
Geophysicist Intern, Turkish Petroleum (TPIC). Ankara, Turkey.
Jun 2010 - Aug 2010
- Executed land seismic reflection data acquisition and processing in Eastern Turkey with a team of 10+ survey specialists while participating in the exploration department for the Southeast Anatolia Project.
- Increased knowledge and practical experience in borehole logging, seismic interpretation and well correlation.
Geophysical Engineer Intern, Akoglu ZMA Engineering. Istanbul, Turkey.
Jun 2009 - Aug 2009
- Planned and performed pre-construction well logging, coring, seismic refraction, and electric profiling. Worked among a core crew of 5 people.
- Generated reports on the formation regarding bed thicknesses, inclination and stratigraphy for the local municipality.
Skills, Certifications & Languages
- Petrel, ProMax, OpendTect, Midland Valley MOVE, ArcGIS, LaTeX and MATLAB user
- Turkish (native language)
- English (fluent, iBT TOEFL score: 112/120)
- Japanese (advanced, JLPT 2級)
- Italian (intermediate)
- American Sign Language (beginner)
American Geophysical Union (AGU), Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), Geological Society of America (GSA), Association of Women Geoscientists (AWC).
Sketching and painting, hiking, running, East Asian languages, Rubik's cube.